Monday, October 20, 2008

My Trip to Hong Kong - by Jeffrey Oct 1st-8th



On October 1st my family and I travelled from Beijing to a friend’s apartment in Hong Kong. We knew each other through a mutual friend in Toronto, so we were kind of apprehensive that we might be a burden to them while staying in their new Hong Kong apartment. Turns out their son, Josh, my friend, was looking forward to us visiting.


I had lots of adventures in Hong Kong but I’m mostly going to be focused on getting to know the boys better. I knew them a little because Josh and Iplayed ball hockey and ice hockey together, but I had only heard about the twins (Brady and Liam).My sister had met them before when Josh and I were playing ball hockey. She said they were really good friends with Reid, another one of my friends. His older brother Jack also played ball hockey with Josh and I.

When we first arrived Josh made me feel really welcome. He asked me if I wanted to go to the Wii room and of course I said yes! First we needed to get his twin brothers who were visiting their friend on the 27th floor. I was wondering what the twins looked like. The twins t were supposedly not identical, however, looked exactly alike to me. The two boys had red hair, were average height, and wearing the same colours. So the twins and their friend came to the Wii room with us. The Wii room was absolutely crazy with the six of us, but it was hilarious. Later that evening we watched outstanding fireworks because it was China Day.

The next day the boys went to school so Deanne, my family and I went to the market. There Sam and I bought really neat things that were called chops. Chops are your signatures in Chinese and English carved into stone. After the market my sister and I waited at the front of the building for the boys to arrive home on the bus. The twins weren’t as crazy as the day before when we first met them. All five of us went swimming and I got a bloody nose (typical). Josh had a lot of homework so he only joined us for the second hour.

We woke up early the next morning to go to the boys school to watch a skit that Brady was performing in. He was excellent! My mom, sister and Deanne went to the school in a separate taxi but came home with my dad and me. After that it was a relaxing day until the boys came home. They were pretty hyper being at school the whole day, so we decided to go to the Wii room again because it would be more peaceful for the adults.

The sun was shining the next day only to hear that we were going on a two hour hike with Josh and his dad Andy. I was glad when it was over! After the hike was finished we all got something at the grocery store. I got a 1.25 litre of water for an equivalent of 50cents Canadian. I thought I made a good choice. We came home only to have my favourite, sushi!! Andy and Deanne went out for dinner . My mom and dad spent time on the computer, and the boys friends came over to hangout from a different part of Hong Kong.

The next day turned out to be a perfect day to have a Malaysian lunch. It was delicious! That night the boys, Andy, my dad, my sister, and I all went on a night walk to the Peak. At the top of the Peak I had the most delicious thing in the world. I had my first Caramel Frapacino from Star Bucks and I’m sure it won’t be my last!

Josh stayed home the next day because it would be our second last day with each other. We went to the Hong Kong zoo, also to the aviary because we wanted to see all the birds close up. The walk wasn’t far at all. My Dad, Josh and I went to buy me some shoes at a cool shoe store. The shoes are awesome.

I was feeling sad on the last day when I work up because I knew it was the last day I was going to spend with my friends. We went to see the Giant Budha. We ate lunch before walking to the Budha, and I ate jellyfish. It was surprisingly delicious. The Budha was really big. That night we had to say goodbye to our friends because we were leaving the next morning before they woke up. I was sad to say good-bye, however, already looking foreward to coming back at Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic's - We can enjoy part of your adventure with your pictures and updates. Sure wish I was there some days.
Miss you guys.
Love
"C"

Millers said...

Hey Sam & Jeffrey,

I see your blog - it must be amazing.

So we miss you at school.

Matthew had a fall down the stairs that was very bad and he broke his toe.

We'll miss you on Halloween for tricker treating - we'll get extra candy for you. But, we might eat it all.

All of your friends at school say hi.

You type me later and I'll type you later.

Kaylin

Anonymous said...

We are in Florida enjoying reading YOUR blog, sitting in YOUR chairs in YOUR condo. Have slept well sleeping in YOUR beds.

Have caught many fish using YOUR fishing rods and playing on YOUR beach. Kids have enjoyed killing time on YOUR Nintendo.

Have had much alcohol drinking YOUR booze.

Why is it always about YOU?

Seriously, having a wonderful time at your place lying around in the sun thinking of you being chased by wasps in the Jungle.

Love

Ken and family (who have chosen not to be named due to sarcastic nature of this blog response)