Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wery

From Vientiane Laos


A few days ago, well actually about two weeks ago, I met this very kind man on the night train to the border of Laos.His name was Wery. Wery was from Indonesia, however, was currently living in Vientiane as an employee at the Indonesian embassy.The reason he was in Vientiane was because it is the capital of Laos and thats where the embassy is. We started talking to each other about where we came from. I asked him if he thought that I was American before I told that I was Canadian. He said ''Yes''.I said it really didn't matter if I was American or Canadian and he agreed with me because he believed the same that I believe it is better to have a world that every body likes each other, or at least venders wouldn't charge forgieners more than locals. Well I guess that's only my opinion, but you get my point.

Wery had travelled to Beijing, different parts of Thailand, Laos and Indonesia. You wouldn't believe what Wery did for us. Wery waited for us for over an hour while we got our visas at the Laos border, he payed for our bus fee and our border surcharge and then arranged for a mini van into Vientiane to a great guesthouse. We made plans to meet for dinner and to our surprise he arrived in a beautiful car that he had purchased over the internet from Japan. Wery then took us all on a tour of the whole city. We definately wouldn't have liked Vientiane as much if it wasn't for him. Wery was such a nice guy because he must've thought about where he would take us the whole time he was at work. We are very lucky to meet him because this is the second time this kind of thing has happened to us. We hope to see Wery again some time, maybe he will visit us in Canada.

By:Jeff Misner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be great if Wery came to visit in Canada. You were very lucky to be able to sit beside him and get to know him.
Whitlocks